Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chaos

So...here I am -- it's 11:30 at night.  I should be sleeping, really.  Too many late nights and too few naps have led to confusion in my brain in the chaos that is our life.  The chaos, ah yes, there are definitely predictable times for the chaos -- when we get up, when I'm trying to leave with  both munchkins to head to Jazzercise (dang it!  5 minutes after I should have been pulling out of the driveway!  ), when the kids are having lunch and going down for naps, when they get up again, and when they are eating dinner and going down for the night.  Those are the predictable times for chaos.  (It's such that, when I invite my baby sister over, I give her the option of coming over for the chaos or coming at 7 when it's all said and done!)  Then, there are the unpredictable times for chaos like the times when
  • Will has a meltdown because I let Annabelle play with one of "mys toys!" or he has to put down his toys to go into time out for whatever reason.
  • Will is using his potty and Annabelle is trying to join him.
  • Stitch can no longer handle the 45 hands all over him from the two children.  Where do the extra hands come from???
  • Annabelle is content only when she is feeding me, or her daddy or the dog her snacks.  (Will hasn't been privileged with that one yet!)
  • Will is running one way and Annabelle is doing her gollum crawl in the direct opposite, and Stitch is under my feet (literally!) because he must have more attention NOW.
  • I'm trying to go to the bathroom, Will is punching buttons on the washer ("Buttons, Mommy!") and I'm trying to keep Annabelle from eating the dust bunny that has accumulated under the front of the vanity.   (Did I say "bunny?"  Forgive me, I meant "bunnIES!")
  • my only pair of workout shorts fell in front of the washer when I was changing out laundry, and I didn't notice so they're wet, and I can't find the only pair of workout pants I have that are waaaay too big now (yeah!) in the masses of clean laundry in my room (at least it's clean!) and I MUST leave in the next 10 minutes.
...but we do it, and we make it, and in spite of it all (or, perhaps, because of it) my children are happy and growing and amazing, and I'm content with the boundaries of my life because the Lord has set them in pleasant places.  Is it hard?  DUH.  Do I cry as well as laugh?  yep.  Would I change it?  only the part where my mama's gone.  the rest is beyond beyond.  (nope, not a typo)  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment