I started Jazzercise the beginning of March this year -- nearly five months ago. The Lord had me get a postcard at a time that I knew I needed something that would MAKE me get out of the house and get me moving. Mom died because an artery collapsed after a heart catheter procedure. I knew that I was on the road to something similar if I didn't make a change. I was beyond severely overweight, had a six month old and a two year old and had just lost my Mama -- depression and feelings of hopelessness were my constant companions.
So...I started Jazzercise. It was a rocky start -- on my third visit I tripped over my own feet and landed smack on my booty in the middle of class. Yikes. My ankle, tailbone, and pride were rather bruised. My tailbone still bothers me from time to time, but I kept going to class. There were classes that I would cry through songs because they made me think of Mama or my loss. Some days I had to make myself get up and go -- not always easy trying to get the two munchkins and myself ready. Then, the Lord gave me another boost. If I did childcare one class a week, I could get my Jazzercise for free. FREE. How very exciting! I had signed up for 12 week program, Fit for Life, but didn't see how I would be able to continue after that. What a blessing.
Things were going well, and the beginning of May I started PT -- Personal Touch. It's small group strength training. Even with my discount for childcare, we couldn't afford for me to do it more than the minimum of eight weeks, so, sadly, I finished the end of June. Fit for Life, though, ended the end of May -- with the end came the measuring -- I had lost about 15 pounds and 16 inches. Wahoo!
Last Friday, the Lord provided a way, out of the blue, for me to pick back up with PT! I've been back for three sessions this week, and it has felt marvelous! I stepped on the scales this morning, and I've lost another five pounds. Smiles all around! It's been slow and steady, but I hear that's the way to go. I've never tried it this way before, but I think I like it. Lord willing, I'll be able to continue with Jazzercise and keep toning it up -- in a healthy and encouraging way!
So proud of you, girlie!!! love you!
ReplyDelete