Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hunkerin' Down

Blizzard...the end of March? Seriously? With the snow that came the first weekend of Spring Break, I was sure we were finished. With the way that the weather people are here, I figured there was no way. Other people believed it -- enough to cancel school the day before with nothing on the ground. This school district NEVER cancels school. So, we called my sister, and she came over to "hunker down" with us. The last time I had to hunker down was during the hurricanes in Orlando back in 2004. Hunkering down is definitely something to do with people you like. The first hurricane, Jesus, my dog and I hung out under my flipped over couch. The second and third hurricanes I spent with awesome friends Joy and Suzanne -- cards, Monk, food...good times. The Blizzard came, and notice, it's with a capital "B!" The snow started in the middle of the night and didn't really stop until 36 or so hours later. The wind howled, the snow pummeled, visibility was LIMITED, and the drifts grew and grew and grew. I haven't been in snow like this since I was a kid. It was soooo beautiful! We had a great time "hunkerin' down" -- hot chocolate, homemade pancake breakfast, homemade chocolate chip cookies...movies, playing with the baby...aaaahh...good times. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment