Friday, May 7, 2010
I did it!
Here's my tattoo. Rachel (my baby sister) and I went to Tattoo Gallery on Hobbs today and got it done! I flip-flopped about where I wanted it -- on my foot? on my wrist? going which way on my wrist??? Choices, choices, choices.
The foot wasn't good for right now. I've been doing so well working out for the past 10 weeks, and I didn't want to interrupt the good thing that I have going on with that.
Getting it on my foot would mean taking a couple of weeks off while it healed.
Thinking about it more, the wrist seemed good. I wanted it somewhere that I could see it without a mirror and that could be easily camouflaged, if necessary (I don't see it being necessary, but, whatever.) My right wrist was just instictive. I'm right handed, and so I would see it when I used my right hand.
We went in and gave the guy the picture that Mom had drawn. He had to enlarge it just a bit, but not so much that it made it bigger than we wanted. Jason did our tats, and they look just like Mom had taken a pen and drawn it on each of our wrists. I am so very pleased! And...it certainly didn't hurt that it didn't hurt so very much!
So...here it is, in remembrance of you, Mama. I love you and miss you so very much. Happy Mother's Day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad that you did that! I think it is perfect.
ReplyDelete