Tuesday, May 4, 2010
My Tat
Ok, so I don't have one yet, but it's on the horizon...perhaps Friday if I can find someone to hang out at my house with my kids while they nap so I can go with my sister. Mama had a flower that she drew when she doodled -- the same flower every time. She always said that if something happened and we needed to leave a message for each other but not identify ourselves we would leave the flower so the family would know... When it came time to put together the program for her memorial service, we wanted that flower on there. It was the flower that was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. We tore up jack trying to find that flower! We FINALLY found one in one of her notepads in her bedside table. It wasn't quite right, but it was close. After we found it, my baby sister and I decided that we would get that flower as a tattoo in remembrance of Mama. When I was back in AR last time, I thought of another place we might be able to find the flower -- in her workshop materials! Sure enough, I found six for us to choose from. I was going to get it on my foot, but I've been doing so well at being consistent in my workout for the past nine weeks, that I don't want to sabotage myself...so I'm getting it on my wrist. It's not large, and I want it to wrap around the inside of my right wrist. Mom would throw a hissy -- she didn't think they were a good idea. :-) And yet, it's so very appropriate, something to make me smile each time I see it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment