Wednesday, May 5, 2010
"Uh oh!" & Clapping!
Annabelle will be eight months old Saturday. Eight months old! I can hardly believe it. In that eight months she has demonstrated that she has such a different personality from Will. Will was always very gregarious, loved to show off. Annabelle, she studies things more and is a tough audience -- it takes a lot to make her laugh. She's not really fond of showing off, either. She'll do something for me, no worries, but if I ask her to do it in front of someone else, she looks at me like she's never done it before! I knew they'd be different, but I didn't expect them to be this different. Granted, my mother said that she got the three points of an equilateral triangle with me and my two sisters. I should have known. *wry smile*
This week has been a week of hitting a couple of milestones. Yesterday, Annabelle started saying, "Uh oh!" It is so very cute in her little baby voice, and she says it for any and everything. It makes me smile each time I hear her say it. She's saying it a lot, of course, just because she can. And why not?
Today, she clapped. The concentration that was on her face as she moved her hands together in and out...my goodness! I caught it on video, which was amazing all the way around. She was so proud of herself, waving her arms and scrunching up her little nose. What amazing joy!
Oh, and should I mention she hollered, "No!" at Andrew tonight when he asked her for a night-night kiss? Ai, yi, yi!
It has begun. The snowball is just starting to roll down the mountain. What a ride. What a glorious ride!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment